Krugle Enterprise Feature Summary
Organize All Development Information
- Specification and Defect Tracking System Records - Locate all information related to problem symptoms, given error/log diagnostics or development system or SCM reference ID. Identify problem solving resources and known fixes immediately.
- Code - Find source code files from class definitions, function definitions, function calls comments within the code. Sort and filter by code type, developer, project(s) and date range. Find code files to learn code techniques, perform software audits, share code or to perform impact analysis.
- SCM Comments - Search the comments, instructions and defect tracking references included in the check in comments. Direct links to change sets and individual files make it simple to trace issues and users to code changes and share valuable problem solving methodologies throughout your organization.
- Documents - Search the contents of word processing documents, Excel files or Powerpoint documents.
- Change and Activity - Krugle Enterprise automatically monitors development systems to collect the latest activity records and code file changes. Filter, search and sort through these records by user, project and date.
- Simularity Reporting - Krugle Enterprise will automatically check specified project grouping for code similarity at the file level as the projects evolve. Files are categorized by similarity level: moderate, high, clone. This information helps developers monitor code divergence, identify refactoring or SOA opportunities and perform more comprehensive impact analysis.
- Usage - Understanding what user search for, download and view – to better understand your development status. Usage statistics provide insight to all user activities including queries, page views, downloads, and note creation.
Code Search Methodology
- Syntactic Code Awareness - Custom parsers have been built for more than 40 languages allowing syntactically aware search. Specific code features such as function calls, function definitions, class definitions, as well as comments are recognized. This greatly simplifies identifying code clones, software auditing and code change impact analysis.
- User Defined Metadata - User defined project metadata makes it possible to search for code by the characteristics and descriptions used internally by your team. User defined prioritization of the project also plays a key role in the relevancy of the project and its code.
- Clone Detection - Clone detection allows you to locate duplicates within internal code files. You can identify commonly used code for SOA candidates or simplify the impact assessment process for code changes across projects that share code.
- Advanced Ranking Algorithms - Advanced relevance ranking algorithms use code characteristics and project metadata to bring the most relevant items to the top of the search results list.
Analysis and Query Features
- Filtering and Sorting - A faceted search interface allows results to be organized by project, date range, user, and content type.
- Full Query Language - Krugle Enterprise has query support for broad and exact matches of single term and multi-term phrases, phrase combinations and exclusion. Stemmed and wildcard searches are supported. The query language supports camel case code tokenizing and filtering by code attributes such as language, license and project.
- Advanced Query Qualifiers - Advanced query qualifiers for code search allow users to limit a search to specific repository sites, find code by filename, and search only for function/class definitions or function/class calls.
- Search Selected - Users can track code relationships and dependencies. Select any term or group of terms in the code and specify where to search (file, project, all) for that specific term and what code instances to find (definitions, calls, etc.).
- Snippet Search - Users can search on a code snippet selected from multiple lines in a code file. Options allow exact or "fuzzy" matching within the current project or all code. This feature helps developers detect code patterns that represent defects, vulnerabilities or refactoring opportunities.
- Activity Feeds - Krugle allows users to see all changes within a project, and gives visibility into who has done what. .
- File Diffs - Users can easily see changes from revision to revision, allowing them to see what has changed over time, and and when. This functionality makes for simple code reviews, and ability to see the work of others.
- Source Code Repositories- Tight integration to code repositories means Krugle can leverage the code and code related information to assist you in finding the code you need. The integration leverages the methodology of each system making implementation familiar and simple. Krugle supports ClearCase, CVS, Perforce, Subversion, Microsoft Team Foundation, Synergy, GIT, file system and other SCM systems through its extensible SCMI integration architecture.
- Development Record Systems - Krugle can crawl document repositories and record based systems such as wikis and issue tracking systems. The information and associated metadata from these systems is continuously indexed by Krugle and can be combined with code files and scm submit comments in search results.
- Krugle API - The Krugle API provides access to the client search services allowing you to integrate and automate Krugle search into your environment. Access to project import facilities, automated code updates, security services and other components is provided in a comprehensive API.
- Security - Access to specific projects can be defined by an optional group level LDAP configuration. Security configuration is managed as part of the administration and configuration module. The Krugle API allows for alternative ACL options.
- Open Source Access and Monitoring - Managing and supporting open source initiatives internally can be a challenge. Krugle administration offers the ability to define and manage allowable external content such as specific open source projects, and provides a mechanism for license discrimination.
- Configuration - Administrators can manage accounts, schedule automatic maintenance tasks, setup notification email lists, control access to code files, and more. Settings and controls include IP settings, logging, and upgrade management.
- Repository Management - The SCM Repositories area unifies administration activities for all repositories accessed by Krugle Enterprise. A rich set of options are included to set communication protocols, credentials and access control.